Dental Fillings (Resin Composite Dental Bondings)
Cosmetic Dental Fillings!
Teeth survive in one of the body’s harshest environments. Our teeth are under constant attack from food and drink, brushing, grinding, plaque and much more. When sugars and other factors damage a tooth, or cause decay, a dental restoration is needed to tip the balance of oral health back into our favor.
A dental restoration is any material used to restore the integrity, shape, and function. Dental restorations include dental fillings, crowns, inlays and onlays. Dental restorations can be small or large; temporary or permanent; ‘white’ or silver; and can be necessary on any surface of a tooth.
White fillings have become commonplace in dentistry. Some of the many advantages of white dental fillings, or resin composite dental bondings are listed here:
- Tooth colored to provide natural, superior dental esthetics
- Physical and compressive strength to correct anterior and posterior teeth
- Mechanical retention of composite bonding
- Chemical bonding to natural tooth
- Mercury-free, environmentally-friendly dentistry